- Poetry Potion has two types of calls for submissions.
- A Poem A Day writing prompts are published every weekday with poems published every weekday on the website.
- A themed call for poems for the print quarterly will be published regularly every two or three months.
- We are interested in original poetry
- Do not submit more than three (3) poems at a time.
- We do not accept poetry previously published on other websites, blogs or publications – these include your own book, an anthology or journals (literary or other).
- When submitting, we need your real name (if you publish under a pseudonym) and your contact details (email). We will not accept poems published on behalf of another person without proof that you have permission to do this.
- Poetry is accepted in any language.
- if you submit in a language other than English then please provide an English translation of the poem or submit a short paragraph that explains what the poem is about (this is NON-NEGOTIABLE).
- Poetry Potion does not edit poetry – so make sure that you submit your work in its final publishable draft. DO NOT SUBMIT FIRST DRAFTS. Always run a spell check and proofread for grammar.
- Poetry Potion accepts poet profiles, essays, think/opinion pieces and social commentary with a poetic theme.
- Poetry Potion reserves the right to edit articles for length, clarity and style.
(Visited 1,279 times, 17 visits today)