Lehlohonolo “Hlox Da Rebel” Mabaso is a poet, comedian, creative writing and performance workshop facilitator and arts entrepreneur. Born in Qwa-Qwa, Free-State, South Africa 1988, Hlox Da Rebel fell in love with writing in 2008 and took his work to stage in 2010. In 2011 he founded Sicknatcha Poetry Movement, a live performance and literature company with the primary aim of offering a platform to emerging poets and musicians in both rural and urban areas.
Throughout his journey as a performing poet he has shared the stage with some of the world’s well-known international spoken word artists such as, Natalia Molebatsi (South Africa), Black Ice (Amsterdam), Crystal Valentine (USA), Miles Hodges (USA), Dike (Nigeria), Mak Manaka (South Africa) to name a few. He is currently working on his debut poetry anthology “Akimbo” to be published in the near future.
– Soweto Camp Festival (2013)
– Word n Sound, Slam For Your Life Finalist (2014)
– Macufe Poetry Main Event Showcase (2014)
– Hlasela TV Youth Month Guest Poet (2015)
– ETV Reflections Series Guest Poet (2016)
– Launched “Nemesis” poetry mixtape (2015)
– Vryfees Festival, Naked Slam Finalist (2017)
– Poetry Africa (2017)
– Sicknatcha Poetry Festival (2017)
Facebook: Hlox Da Rebel
YouTube: Sicknatcha Poetry