20.35 Africa: An Anthology of Contemporary Poetry is now open for submissions. The primary focus of this anthology is to curate and create a platform for young and established African poets between the ages of 20 and 35
The editorial team includes Ebenezer Agu, Gbenga Adeoba, Chisom Okafor, D. E. Benson, and Osinachi. The anthology is guest-edited by Safia Elhilo (joint winner of 2015 Brunel International African Poetry Prize and 2016 Sillerman First Book Prize winner) and Gbenga Adesina (joint winner of 2016 Brunel International African Poetry Prize).
The anthology will be available for free download when published.
Submission runs until 17th March 2018.
- The anthology is for African poets who have attained the age of 20 or would be 20 by the time of publication or are below 35 years. Poets who are above 35 years would not be published.
- Submissions can cut across various themes, and each contributor may send 3 poems only. Please send your best poems.
- The anthology is ONLY for African poets. 20: 35 Africa define an African poet as someone born in Africa, or whose parents (at least one) is African, or someone who currently lives in Africa, at least for a minimum of 10 years. Poets who were born in African countries, and have lived up to ten years of their lives there, but are currently pursuing an academic course in non-African countries can also submit.
- Poets who have had a full-length book or a chapbook or pamphlet published in electronic or print format can submit. Poets who have not been published in any form or on any literary forum/outlet, and fall into the acceptable age bracket, are encouraged to submit as well.
- Only poems written in English will be accepted. Works translated into English from any African languages may be submitted, but they must be accompanied by the originals.
- There is no stipulation as to the content of submitted poems but no poem should exceed 40 lines in length.
- Identifying information, including names of poets, addresses, phone numbers, publication histories, should not be included in the manuscript or on the body of the email. Submit with your personal email address and include same on the last page of your manuscript. Submissions will be judged solely on merit.
- All entries must be submitted in a SINGLE WORD DOCUMENT, typed in TIMES NEW ROMAN, font 12, and sent via email only to the 20.35 Africa Team at [email protected]
- The email subject should read 20.35 AFRICA SUBMISSION.
- Submissions must be written in black ink. No colours.
- All poems must have a title.
- Poems must be the original work of the contributor.
- Only works that have been previously unpublished in any form will be considered.
- For all enquiries, please contact the 20.35 Africa Team at [email protected]
- Submissions deadline is by midnight (UTC+01:00) of 17th March 2018
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
(Visited 495 times, 1 visits today)